Ultimate GIFT Card

I will sing of my Redeemer,
And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered,
From the curse to set me free.

Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer,
With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon,
Paid the debt, and made me free.

This hymn has been stuck in my head all day. We use to sing it at my
fathers little church in Vanleer TN when I was a wee lad.

It was written In 1876 by Phillip P. Bliss. The words were found in
his belongings after a tragic and fatal train wreck. It was perhaps
the last hymn that he wrote.

There's a beautiful ring to the word "Redeemer".
It's not a word we use in everyday language. It means to pay off or
buy, like a coupon or gift card.

Don't you just love gift cards. My favorite is TJ Maxx. Do you have
any idea how much stuff I can get for just 50 bucks?
One catch... the card is useless anywhere else.

Christ purchased our pardon and it is redeemed only at the foot of His
cross. His blood paid the debt and His resurrection sealed our
redemption.
Thank God that it's free. Not by anything I have done or can do. Whew - I'd be up a creek otherwise.
Truly, it's the best gift card...ever!!!

The book of Ruth calls Him our kinsman redeemer. He purchased us to
become family...to sit at the fathers table. We didn't earn this position, He just REALLY loves you...that much.

Psalm 107 (New Living Version)
1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
2 Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out!
Tell others he has redeemed you...

You can tell who the redeemed are. They shine like new silver, and they can't keep their mouth shut!
Redeemed - Redeemed. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so.

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It