God don't waste no pain

James 2:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance

"God don't waste no pain."

A complete stranger spoke these words to me while I waited for a fast food order late at night. It was one of those  encounters that had an angelic feel about it.

Think on the statement. God takes the pain in our lives and He refines and renders it until it becomes a strength in our faith and spiritual walk.

I was told once that the wind which whips and sways the branch's of an oak tree actually cause it's roots to deepen, making it even stronger. Such is the character of the beloved. Pain, sorrow, and struggle cannot defeat a child of God. As we persevere, it is refashioned to create pillars of faith within the body of Christ.

Paul wrote, "...be patient in affliction" (Rom 12:12).
The message from the apostle is to keep your eyes on Jesus. He is even now in true form, working all things together for your good. It may not seem so now, but keep the faith.

God don't waste no pain !!!

I walked a mile with laughter. He chattered all the way,
but left me none the wiser for all he had to say

I walked a mile with sorrow, and ner a word said he.
But oh the things I learned that day when sorrow walked with me.

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It