Cross...Point

Testimony & History of Matthew 16:24 & the Cross Blogs

Some of you are wondering about all the blogs I have written on Matthew 16:24 " if anyone would come after me they must first deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

It all started with a few chapters from Thomas A Kempis 13th century book titled "The Imitation of Christ". The first time through it, I thought to myself, "this guys nuts." A week or two later I read it again, in particular the chapter: "the Royal Road of the Holy Cross". This time it intrigued me. A few weeks later, during Passover week, I watched The Passion of the Christ. Needless to say I wept during the entire movie. The portrayal of the suffering and punishment our Lord endured for our sake overwhelmed my spirit. That night, I read the Royal Road of the Holy Cross again. As I read, with the eyes of my heart opened, the tears began to flow. I was humbled and broken. The message pierced my heart with crystal clarity. It was a moment of divine inspiration that I will never...ever... forget.

What has been produced by this spiritual experience is the seven chapters of my blog titled: Take Up Your Cross.

Suffering is part of the Christian experience. God uses our cross to deepen our trust in Him and mature our faith.

As believers we forget that in this world we will suffer. Mistakenly we dream of the day when we will have no more problems or sorrow. That day is Heaven...and we aren't there yet.

We are called to take up our cross and follow Him. The cross is His way to the kingdom; His way to thy will be done on earth...as it is in heaven.

Sin is defeated by the cross. In heaven and on earth.
Through His cross the heavens are opened;
Through our cross the earth is laid bare.

Too many give up and quit. Some allow the sorrows of life to destroy them physically and spiritually.

These seven chapters will strengthen your resolve to accept suffering as your cross; to increase your faith; to transform beauty from ashes; restore joy to those who mourn.

I firmly believe that God will use this timely message for today. Pray and share this message with others.

(All seven chapters are being revised and can be read in their entirety at:
www.johnmarkthomas.blogspot.com)

John M. Thomas
William J. Stone M.D.


iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It