Chained to Success

2 Tim. 2:9 for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained.

Colossians 4:18 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

Philippians 1: 12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

I don't believe I have ever met anyone quite like Paul. That's someone you're not likely to forget.

I have read of others like him, especially in the book of martyrs. Paul's suffering was great and it seems that the more he endured for the cause of Christ, the more determined he became.

Not only did he remain resolute in his faith, he considered his course as necessary for the formation of the early church.

Another words, Paul said, "Bring it. The more harm you do to me, the more GOOD it does for the kingdom."

Wow. That's amazing faith, unbelievable self confidence, and remarkable focus.

Paul was efficacious in his ministry; meaning he was successful in producing a desired or intended result; effective. He prayed that his faith would prove golden... 1 Peter 1:7 Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory. (message)

Its probable that you and I will not be called upon to defend the gospel in the fashion of our brother Paul. What is probable is that as we serve Christ we will endure hardships. Some will be because of Him, other hardships will be for Him, and all will be to make us more like Him.

The test of our character is fashioned in the fire. Don't be alarmed at the fiery trial that is before you. Don't complain or grumble. Be content. Ask for His perfect peace. The kind that sleeps in the storm.

Efficacious is the word. Fulfilling the desired...effect. That you may be perfect, as your father in heaven is perfect.
iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It