Can Do...!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Psalm 121:1-2 I will lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord...!

I memorized these verses while on a bicycle road trip across the state of Tennessee. You would be surprised at what goes through your mind after six days of sleeping on the ground, eating high carb snacks, enduring summer thunderstorms, miles from home, and on a bicycle. At night I would retrace my ride and count the number of hills...and how many mountains lay in store for me the following day. When your on a bicycle, it's all about the climb.

Throughout the years I've wasted countless sleepless nights worrying about mountains.

Even in my doubt, God has always given me the strength to endure the trials and climb the
mountains that I've faced in life. Why do we waste precious time with worry when we know God is faithful to sustain us in all things? Just like my cross country experience, anxiety steals the joy of where you are presently and where God is leading you.

In the heat of the day, exhausted, and facing a headwind you may think you're not going to make it. Our Lord understands. Even Jesus experienced something very familiar to this in the garden of Gethsemane. The Lord, who is our strength, proves to us again and again that by His power we can do all things.

Psalm 124: If the LORD had not been on our side—
let Israel say—
2 if the LORD had not been on our side...
   4 the flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,
5 the raging waters
would have swept us away
.  


It's true, in your strength you would falter. None of us would be where we are today were it not for the Lord. The Lord works in us and through us to prove that His grace and strength is made perfect in our weakness.

A Godly friend said to me yesterday,
"I don't know what is in store tomorrow.
In fact, I don't want to know because it doesn't matter.
If He led me to it, my God will see me through it. My hope is in Him."

Lord...help me to rest in your strength that I may enjoy the journey before me.
Remove the fear of tomorrow and let your peace be my praise.
Remind me daily that my help comes from you.
Imprint this verse on my heart..."I can do ALL things through Christ."


iPhone

Comments

  1. John, great reminder of how we can rest in Gods Grace. Your cuz Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go For It

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake