Staying Fit

John 16:7  But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

Jesus promised all believers a guide, teacher, and comforter that would abide with us always. He is the Holy Spirit of God that resides in every child of the the heavenly Father.

Physically speaking many people have unhealthy practices and disregard their heart, blood sugars, weight, brain cells, etc. As a result, they are placed at a higher risk of heart disease, lung disease, dementia, and so on. Healthy lifestyles leads to healthy bodies; stronger, fuller, and more productive living.

In the same fashion we monitor and strengthen our spiritual lives by healthy practices. Our spiritual provider and guide to abundant life is the Holy Spirit. Listening, obeying, and following His leadership will lead to a full and meaningful life in Christ.

John 15:16 
He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.

Galatians 5:16  
Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

I cannot imagine going forward each day without the help of the great helper, or without the leadership of the great teacher. Life is hard; you know it, I know it, but most importantly the Lord knows it. That's why He stated that..."In this world you will have trials and tribulations."

Your spiritual life is dependant on the healthy practice of you listening, learning, and following the Holy Spirit of God. He has the prescription for all our needs. Here is how I depend on Him each day:
    
1. He daily reminds me of Gods grace that cleanses me and
      presents me holy in Gods presence.
2. He gently and persistently leads me in the right direction
      and encourages me to walk in faith.
3. He reveals to me through my relationships to not take
      family and friendship for granted. He opens my eyes             
      to the brevity of life and the importance of loving others
      TODAY.
4. He encourages me to persevere even through failure. He
       reminds me that absolutely NOTHING can
       separate me from Gods love and purpose in my life.
5. He responds to my urgent request for Gods help and
       intervention. His portion supplies all my needs...just
       when I need Him most.

Ephesians 3:16   I pray that because of the riches of His shining-greatness, He will make you strong with power in your hearts through the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It