Chosen

AMONG THE MULTITUDE

Among the men and women the multitude,
I perceive one picking me out by secret and divine signs,
Acknowledging none else, not parent, wife, husband, brother, child, any nearer than I am,
Some are baffled, but that one is not--that one knows me.
Ah lover and perfect equal,    I meant that you should discover me so by faint indirections,
       And I when I meet you mean to discover you by the like in you.  
                                         -Walt Whitman

A seeking sinner...A seeking Savior. The twain will surely meet

He entered the back of the chapel seeking counsel.
He was uncertain of the reason he stopped by here...now...today.
He was driven by hunger.
Hunger for something deeply satisfying and driven by a hatred of his offenses.

He fain would have filled his stomach with the husk that the swine did eat.
But he arose and said I will return to my father...

A simple request. Can I help you?

First...the hunger. Have you any bread?
Then...the thirst. Have you drawn from Emmanuel's fountain?

When new life enters, the old is passed away, behold all things are made new!
There is no refurbish...
No retread...
No restart...            

He will turn their heart of stone into a heart of flesh!
The difference in once born and twice born is...Behold, all things are made NEW.

New wine can't abide in old wineskin's.

He came as a child. In simple faith the Spirit gave birth.
He shone like the radiance of the Son. Darkness gave way to the dawn. Beauty for ashes. The oil of gladness for mourning.

The seekers...met! Out of the multitudes called the lover of his soul.

Ah...a pearl...of great price. 
A robe on his back.
A ring on his finger.

Chosen 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go For It

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake