TheGrove fellowship

TheGrove fellowship is about relationships. 
I'm asked about how many come in attendance, how many did you have last week; numbers related questions. 

That's not our mission. 
TheGrove is about reaching others. The most that many of you will never see on earth. 

Dustin- a Mont. Co. fugitive on the run who interrupted our service. As Angie extended the worship music, I went to the back of the cafe and listened to his story. He asked for me to pray for him. He buried his tear stained eyes on my shoulder and we cried out to God. One week later authorities pulled his lifeless body out of the Cumberland. 

Michael- who was pulled literally out of the dumpster where he searched for aluminum cans; among the stench and filth, to pay his rent. He was brought into TheGrove to warm up, before going back out again to his work. A year later Michael, wife, and son gave their lives to Christ. TheGrove found Mike a steady reliable job with a godly contractor. 

Matthew- an autistic 17 year old who attends TheGrove with his mother was picked on and shamed at high school for his slow speech and appearance that he resorted to violence striking students and teachers. This landed him in a psychiatric facility. I went there and prayed with him. He hugged so hard I thought I was about to have my 5th back surgery. TheGrove met with his mother and CMCSS and found a home school program suited for Matt which included an hour bible class. They are thriving; and the work keeps his mom sober who for years could never break free from addiction. 

Paul- an agnostic who would come to hear my wife sing but always leave before my message. Just this week he asked to visit my home and talk about his views. After listening endlessly to his views of a higher power, I was finally given the opportunity to introduce Paul to the lowest power. The son of God who humbled himself to come here and purchase our pardon. 

Jason-who randomly came to TheGrove with his father. My pal Gary was able to visit with them before worship. During prayer time, Gary introduced Jason to us all by saying this young man leaves at 4:45am tomorrow for basic training. I know we've never met them before but I would like for us all to huddle around Jason and pray for him. As a result, Jason gave his life to Christ. The weeping tears of JOY lasted so long I had to eventually leave for another appt. 

Myles-a young man who wandered into TheGrove during my early prayers. He asked if he was disturbing me. I said of course not. Come talk to me. Myles had stayed to finish his Sr year here and then rejoin his family that had moved to Raleigh NC. Instead of obeying his parents he decided to play the wayward son for awhile. See what it felt like to call his own shots. About 45 minutes later this young man was shouting out for Christ to enter his life. After worship that Sunday, TheGrove bought him a bus ticket to Raleigh NC. But he returned home with a robe on his back a signet ring as a child of God 

For everyone of these testimonies, there are scores more. 

Mark 9:33-35.  ...Jesus asked, "What were you arguing about on the road?” 34but they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest.
35sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”

TheGrove is not about size. It's about relationships....leading others to God's grace in Christ Jesus 

JMT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go For It

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake