Harvest Talk

There are many number of reasons why people reject Christ. The new
testament, namely the Gospels, reveal a broad spectrum of those that
looked into the very eyes of our Lord and went away sorrowful,
resisting the Holy Spirit. When sharing the good news of Christ and
Gods forgiveness the human will can present a variety of excuses.
Studying these possible alibis is helpful.

Personally I am disturbed in my spirit when someone resist the marvelous
and magnificent love of God. I can't fathom any justification for shutting
the door on Christ, yet so many do.

One of these justifications for saying no to Him is found in Matthew 25;

   "Then the man who had received the one talent came.
'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting
where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered
seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the
ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'

26 "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew
that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not
scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit
with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it
back with interest.

28 "'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has
the ten talents. 29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he
will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will
be taken from him. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into
the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'


We're familiar with this parable. The talent symbolizes the seed of
the gospel. Others had received their talent and
multiplied it. But not this servant. He rejected it.

Sinners like you and me are called to this great grace from all across creation.
From the Billy Grahams of this world to nursing home prayer warriors God calls us to fill a
place of light, salt, and ministry. Each is different but all servants
are called to sit at His table and are equal in His eyes.

The wicked servant was given a talent, but the truth is he didn't want
it. The reason for taking Gods gift and burying it was this;


"I knew you would have expectations for me 
and I'm not interested in your free gift. 
I have my own thing, my way, without having to 
answer to you. So... here's your gift back. 
Give it to someone else"

Sadly, I see the truth of this parable all around me. How do we
respond? We know that it is part of the devils lies and deception that
lead people to make this assumption. Our compassion and love can make
the difference. Scripture says that the God of this world has blinded
the eyes of some,
that makes it tragic. Any rejection of Christ for
any reason is the result of shortsighted, selfish, and misguided information.
Our message must be lived. Not preached. The conclusion that some have
made about Christ can only be influenced by the lifestyle of the
redeemed. Our lives are the most effective gospel some will ever read.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that
they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It