Le Tour De France




I've Always been a fan of cycling, especially the tour of France. Okay, I admit, it's not for everyone. And the rules...? Well you've gotta watch it...alot... to understand it. 3 weeks of racing across the French countryside with 200 cyclist all competing for the best individual time.

One of the fascinating things about it is although it's an individual sport where only one victor is crowned, it's impossible to win without a team.

Our spiritual lives are similar to the tour. Living for Christ is like a race.

 Hebrews 12:1. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

No one else can run the race for you but many have run before you. Victory for the child of God is only possible through the help, support, prayer, motivation, and encouragement of others.

I have a friend. I bet you didn't know that (lol). This friend lives in Corpus Christi Texas. We don't see each other very often but we talk, text, and e-mail daily. Our chats are always filled with encouragement and strength. One of the short notes that we send back and forth is the abbreviation P4U. This means, Prayed For You!!

Like the tour, I need my team mate to help me navigate the race that Christ has set before me. It's just a simple gesture but it musters my strength when I hear from him. My wife, who is my greatest cheerleader, also gives me the daily encouragement I need to persevere.

We can't begin to win without the help of one another.

 Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me...

Find your team mate. Draw strength from each other and race to WIN.


iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It