O beautiful for spacious skies

Independence day has come and gone out with a bang. My goodness, I've never heard as much reveling in my life. Our entire neighborhood was lit up with fireworks for hours.

Angie, Allison, and I sat out on the lawn and enjoyed a 360 degree firework show. We all talked about the meaning of the celebration. I don't want to sound corny but we wondered about how much, or how little, patriotism
was involved. We all agreed that American pride and devotion is at an all time low.

I want to share one thing we talked about. Liberty and justice comes with a high price. Because of our stand for freedom and liberty we are loved and hated.

               It comes with the territory!

The fight for the right is welcomed from those who are downtrodden by the unjust, but those who fight for freedom are hated by those who seek to enslave.

There have been scenes in my lifetime when America needed a gut check
in liberty. There have been unfair and sad chapters in our nations
history but thank God He has even protected us from ourselves when
necessary.

The cause and mission of our great land is bigger than you and me. I
believe God placed us in history to pave the way for freedom and
justice and the GOSPEL, till Jesus comes!

May we continue to pray for our leaders, our service men and women,
and for our church. We all have a mission.

I leave you with two quotes from one of our founding fathers, Patrick
Henry.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course
others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

This is all the inheritance I give to my dear family. The religion of
Christ will give them one which will make them rich indeed. — Patrick
Henry

Bless you my blog friends, and may God Bless America.

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It