DAD SAY'S GOOD

Dad said good

The phrase was written at the foot of his bed on an erase board reserved for medical information.
His room was dark and isolated. He sat quietly and was gracious for all the visits and medical attention.

We spoke of family... He had none.
His days were spent alone.
No children.
No wife.
No friends.
Fighting cancer...seeking hope...needing purpose

He shared of faith. Real...but worldly concerns were choking it's roots. We spoke of hope...buried beneath the clutter of life...unable to recollect where he had last seen it.
Memory was his only companion.
Days were spent reflecting.
Hours went by praying.

I asked about the phrase. "Dad said good"
What does that mean to you?

Tears began to form...a quiver.
I wrote that...
I'm not sure if I can get it out

That's okay, I have time. I would like to hear it.

In the stillness of beeping monitors and clicking machines he broke the silence

My daddy said that to
me before he died. He said "Patrick, you're good"

That's the last thing he said. I will never forget those words. They keep me going everyday. My dad said I'm good

Sitting there with controlled tears reflecting on a life once lived...fondness of former years, savoring words of affirmation spoken in love.

"I don't have any purpose now. I don't have the will to fight this. I don't have anyone"

Nothing compares to a fathers love. His will to persevere clutched the desire to hear those words once more "Patrick you are good"

"Patrick. Those words your father spoke to you are powerful. God knows the impact they make. Christ heard his father say the same thing. On a couple occasions God spoke out loud and said,"
"this is my beloved son, in whom I'm well pleased."

"I'm sure that our Lord Jesus was thrilled to hear those words from his father.
And God is saying that to you. Your his son. He loves you. Your not alone.
God says..."Patrick You are good"
He wants you to hear it every moment of everyday.
"Your fathers words led you through life. My words will strengthen you through this. Your purpose is for others to see my grace in you You mean more to me than anything. I love you"

We shared more of his father.
His life.
His work.

Ambition to live, to hope, to fight, rested not on prescription or tonic but in an exalted spirit. A merry heart does good like medicine but a crushed spirit dries the bones.
A mans spirit sustains him in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear? Pr. 18:14

My Child.....you are good!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It