Sorta...Kinda

Good ole Church signs. Gotta luv'em!!
Coming home from the hospital I saw this one...

"Free trip to heaven. Details inside"

Now I'm a little brain fried from work today so indulge me for a moment.
Chuck Swindoll said that in communication, we rarely say what we mean.
Christ loved the church and that even means when we say things that
come out...weird.

Hey, what's wrong with this statement? Well it's not about the
statement being wrong. It's about saying a right thing poorly. Kinda
like what I just said... I didn't explain that very well. Let me try
again.

Free...? The gift of eternal life...is not a freebie. Christ paid
dearly with his own blood. And..implying that the Christian life is
like a free ride is...cheap... and less than realistic. Christ said that we
consider the cost and it is complete surrender.

Trip...? Heaven is...not really a trip. Be back next week...? Need
anyone to house sit for you...?

To heaven...? The Christian life is not about getting man out of earth
into heaven...it's about getting God out of heaven into man. See the
difference? We are saved from sin. Relationship as a child of God is
the objective. Heaven is the reward!!!

Details inside...? Hope they don't have to form a committee to study
your request if you dropped in to ask.
I shouldn't have said that. :/

I love the church, praise the Lord. We understand what they're
attempting to say. Just thinking folks!!! That's why you pay me. LOL
Memo: the world is watching, listening,...and reading.

iPhone

Comments

  1. I am so glad you send me these. I never know what to say back. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It