The Hand That Rocks The Cradle...


It's a joy to watch my daughter and grand daughter talk and play together. Hailey brought joy into our lives when she was the same age as Alora. I can see the same delight in Haileys eyes. While Hailey and Alora were playing in the den, I decided to share some words of wisdom. It seemed to be the perfect time for practical advice typical of a father and grandfather.



"Hailey, I'm going to tell you something and I want you to listen to me. If you don't raise this little thing in church and teach her to love God she doesn't stand a chance."

Hailey asked what I meant.
I talked to her about right and wrong and where we learn the principals that govern our lives. What follows is the essence of our conversation.

"Hailey, we live in a messed up world where the temptation to do the wrong thing exists in every facet of life.

Children learn what is right from their parents. Sometimes I didn't even trust myself to know and do what is right. That's why your mother and I surrounded our family with Gods people. All of us were struggling and encouraging one another to follow Christ example; for our sake and our children's sake.

The day will come when you won't be around Alora and the temptation to go down the wrong path will be in front of her.
That's when the God within her and your voice in her head will guide her toward what is right.

You have to teach her how to know God and his word. How to live by the golden rule. These things will guide her in life and protect her from evil. If you fail, she will likely break your heart, our hearts, and quite possibly her own.

Your mother and I don't worry about you, Stephen, or Allison because we brought you up right and you belong to God. We did our best to teach you what is good and honorable even if we failed ourselves. We taught you that God is your Father and that He loves you and He is with you.

You... have to give her truth.
Use every tool possible to surround her with it.
Pray to God for her heart to belong to Him.
This is your duty."

3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It