Its All In A Days Work

Have you ever spent time thinking about Jesus' daily routine? What was His plan or agenda for each day? Did He think about where He would sleep or eat? How about a checklist? Did our Lord have
a day planner?

For at least three and a half years Christ lived everyday in almost
identical 24 hour fashion. His agenda was consistent with basically ONE
plan of action. He was a working man and each day He picked right up
where the previous day had ended. He had ONE objective, ONE endeavor.
Are you ready for it? Here it is...Pleasing God!

To say that Christ was in tune with His heavenly father would be an
understatement.

Mark 1:35 (Message)
While it was still night, way before dawn, he got up and went out to a
secluded spot and prayed.

Jesus began each days work with,
"which way today Father...who today Father... tell me what to say Father."

Jesus walked in such profound yet childlike harmony with God that on a number of occasions the voice of God was audibly heard saying. "this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased."

What about us? Can we imitate Christ and walk in harmony with our Father? His relationship with Him is without precedence and succession... but I can say..."which way today God" or "to whom today Father."

Imagine this conversation with your heavenly Father

" John, my Holy Spirit is working in the heart of several people that
your going to pass by today. I want you to smile your biggest Elvis
smile everywhere you go. You don't know who they are nor do you
have to say anything but I know them and I'm already speaking to them.
My joy radiating through you is just the thing they need to soften
their heart. I know you have to work today. In fact John, I put you in
this position for this very purpose. Your working for me son. Just
follow my lead. All heaven is counting on you!"

It takes the Lords strength to live the Christian life. Even Christ drew strength from prayer that sustained Him for the task at hand. Our work today is to be a vessel... cleansed, prepared, and willing.
iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It