What are we waiting for ?

James 4:14 (NASB)
Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are
just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Touring across the state on a road bicycle allows you to see plenty of
amazing sights.

I was pushing my pedals trying to make it up a 12% grade when I passed
a road marker that I'll never forget.
The road name was "life road". My mind raced with all the symbolism and metaphors of "traveling down life's road".
No sooner than when I had that processed in my head and thinking of who gave the road such an interesting name, I rode past the next country lane.
The name of that road was..."life cut off".

Some county road engineer was really enjoying themselves. The idea of
naming two county roads, life road, and life cut off, is genius. Those two street signs in east TN are still making people think!

It's difficult to imagine our lives like a mist or vapor. The fog that rolled off the Cumberland this morning around 6:30 am was thick and looked permanent, but when I made my way home this afternoon....it was all gone.

In the big picture, the sum of our days are brief.

The book of Job says "...teach us to number our days." Our lives can quickly become wasted on meaningless and trivial things. I say quickly because before you realize it anger, bitterness, stress, partying, and so on can be what defines us rather than a full and meaningful life.

In Christ we can know abundant life, joy unspeakable, and a peace that
passes understanding.

Life's short, quickly cut off, spend every moment in the fullness of Gods favor!

Knowing your place in eternity helps us to redeem the time and know
the purpose God has for us here.

iPhone

Comments

  1. That's an inspiring post. Glad to stop by.

    Care for some Coffee with Jesus?!

    ~NRIGirl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Nobody's Fool