History or His Story

Sitting with an old friend, catching up with lost years, I asked if
he had heard from past aquaintances. His response was, "Thats in the
past. I don't live in the past. I'm looking forward."

I knew exactly what he meant, and so did the Apostle Paul.

Philippians 3: 13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself
yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is
behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the
goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ
Jesus


Someone said, "Dont look back, unless you plan to go that way."

I appreciated my friends comment. Mistakes, failure, and regret had
been pestering me all week. Presently God was doing many remarkable
things all around me but an unhealthy consciousness of past history was
preventing me from enjoying the present. I needed a little reminder
about straining toward what was ahead.

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Through the grace of our loving
Lord we can begin each day in His forgiveness.

"Their sins, I will remember no more..."

God, in his profound wisdom and miracles allows us to mature from our
error, failure, shame, and sin. This is possible through an ever
increasing faith.

Don't be such a historian that is defined by the past but rather
REFINED.
It's said that if we forget history, we're destined to repeat
it. However, we must allow history to be His Story; of purpose, grace, love,
and forgiveness.

We are wise. We are cleansed. We are His. We press on, straining
toward what is ahead.

In Christ, we fall forward.

iPhone

Comments

  1. Thanks John, I needed to hear this today, it really encourages me to keep pressing forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It