New Wine

There's no greater joy than to witness someone placing their faith in Christ as Lord and Savior of their life. For some its the most frightening thing. I meet Christians that shun and even avoid opportunities to share Gods love. I certainly hope its only fear because shame is unacceptable. I'll admit that my first time talking about God with someone else was awkward, however talking about the wonderful things that God has done for you and can do for whosoever should eventually flow like a river.

Let me share a  little information about myself. I was raised a preachers
kid. My father was a lover of souls. His ministry centered on seeing
others come to faith in Christ. His passion and love for others was
his daily manna.

My father weeping with the lost and rejoicing with
those who found faith in Christ was something I observed 
regularly. This was his life and ministry. It had a profound impact on my
life and shaped my ministry. By the age of nineteen I served on staff
in my fathers church. At twenty one I was full time at a local congregation.
For several years, he and I pastored just a few miles apart until
he went home to be with the Lord.

My father remained my role model for ministry. I guess you can say that his love
for the lost rubbed off on me. I understood his ambition to share the
love of Christ. There's no greater joy on earth than to watch the
blind see, the captives freed, and the those that hunger... satisfied
with the bread of heaven.

There's sadness in my heart when opportunities to share Him are
passed by because of the blessing that is missed. Both for you and
them. I wish that every believer could have the experience of seeing
another come to Christ. It's an indescribable thrill and a joy
unspeakable.

What is done physically is only temporary, but what is spiritual
last...forever.

You may build great cathedrals large or small,
you can build skyscrapers grand and tall,
you may conquer all the failures of the past,
but only what you do for Christ will last.
Chorus:
Remember only what You do for Christ will last.
Remember only what you do for Christ will last,
only what you do for Him will be counted at the end;
only what you do for Christ will last.
                                                  - written by Raymond Rasberry


Please pray about this and let me pray with you. Share with me your
thoughts, testimonies, or even your fears. God has a broader level of
spiritual heights for those who share the "new wine" and, how
beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Acts 4:18-20They called them back and warned them that they were on no
account ever again to speak or teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter
and John spoke right back, "Whether it's right in God's eyes to listen
to you rather than to God, you decide. As for us, there's no question—
we can't keep quiet about what we've seen and heard." - Message


iPhone

Comments

  1. You have your father heart and The Fathers Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. he that goeth forth weeping, bearing precious seed...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake

Go For It