His Eye Is On The Sparrow



In the early days of Angie's ministry, she began to feel the weight of
continuous church gossip and strife. It seemed to be an initiation for
every new children s minister. Her anxiety began to take a toll. She
would have resolve by day and resignation by night.

She felt that her every move was scrutinized and undermined. One
evening, her stress came to a head. My heart was breaking for her.

As a pastor for 25 years I knew the experience she was having all to
well. I knew that I could neither remove her obstacles or relieve
them. It seemed that God was using these experiences for a purpose we
couldn't define. That particular evening, I asked for her to lay down
and listen to this song that I've qued up for all our "Strong Coffee"
friends.

I wanted this song to serve as a reminder to her that no matter what
she went through, God and those that loved her dearly were there with
her.

As she listened to the song she wept. God revealed a deep abiding love
for her that evening that she has never forgotten. My prayer is that
this will serve as a reminder for you that God is with you and the
hearts of those who know you best, love you the most.
Isaiah 41:10 (The Message)
... 'You're my servant, serving on my side.
I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'
Don't panic. I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go For It

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Keith Brake