The Thrill of a Lifetime

It's the thrill of a lifetime to serve alongside Christian physicians.
Today was no exception.
After a medical conference this morning, one of those servants asked
if I had the time to see one of her patients. She described him as
pleasant man with cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart. She stated
that his treatment has gone well but he was showing a failure to
thrive. She believed he needed spiritual help.

I grabbed another Dr. and the three of us headed to his room.
We put him in a wheel chair and took him to a private conference room.
For several minutes I listened to the doctors talk to him about their
concern for his progress. Eventually the conversation turned to me. I
shared with Mr. C about the importance of a healthy spiritual life;
how it was the pathway to complete healing.

I asked him if he believed in God. He said yes. I asked if he believed
in the son of God. He answered yes again. I then shared with him that faith was like a
diabetic that believed his insulin could keep his blood sugar level,
but never took the injection into his body. Faith in Christ is not
only believing in Him, but receiving Him into your life. When we
receive him, our lives are changed.

I asked Mr. C if he wanted to receive Christ. He answered yes.
Mr. C suffers from chronic aphasia, and is unable to form words. We
prayed with him as he personalized the words in his heart. After
prayer he was wearing a broad grin on his face.

I shared with him John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his
name, he gave the right to become children of God


Moving forward the rest of the day was like walking on clouds. The joy
of sharing. The joy of transformation. God has opened a great and
effectual door of opportunity. Pray for us.

Luke 15:10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the
presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."


iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It