What would you say?

What would you say?
If someone dying with cancer, wracked with pain, confined to a bed,
vocal cords eaten away by disease said to you,

"God has a purpose for me chaplain, I know it, can you help me know
what it is?"

What would you say?

I think most of us would draw in a huge breath before answering. This
kind of question cuts out all the fluff and fakiness and goes directly
to the heart of the matter.

I've known Mr. G for several months. I've seen him place his faith in
God. We even had a hospital baptism for him which was a remarkable
moving service. As I have watched his faith grow, I've witnessed his
body decay. These days he is left motionless, anchored to machines,
wires, monitors; confined to scribbling notes on a pad.

We've laughed together; we've cried together. And now the student
asked the teacher,

"What does God want me to do?"

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting
away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.


Renew
Be salt
Be light   Today

iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It