Majority Rule

Psalm 86:17 Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

Recently a clinician shared with me about his difficulty working in an
unfriendly environment. His work was hindered by an unfair and
unreasonable supervisor. It appeared that everything he did was
scrutinized.

I shared this verse and the memorable event that God gave me.

During my years at Tractor Supply, I went through a tough manager. It
seemed everything I did wasn't good enough. Eventually he started
teasing me about my faith.

Discouragement began to set in. I combated feelings of loneliness,
persecution, and worthlessness.

One morning, before work, God gave me this verse. As I read it, God
spoke to my spirit and told me to trust this word for today. I recall
praying, "God, I don't know how you can accomplish this promise for me
today, but I'm trusting you to perform it."

All morning long I kept repeating the verse, however, the struggle
continued. Later that morning, I was standing in my managers office
listening to him and the assistant mgr. whine about something when the
phone rang. The secretary called out, "John, line 2."
I answered the call as they sat back vaguely listening to my
conversation.

After the call they both asked, "who was that?"

"My Sunday school teacher."

"Your Sunday school teacher...? What the ____did he want?

"Just to tell me he loved me and was praying for me today!"

They both bowed their heads and walked out.

An hour later, the district manager came to the store unannounced and asked to
speak to me.
Again they called me to the office. He told them that I was the best
receiving mgr. this store had ever had and he wanted me to travel to
other stores in the district and train their receivers.

In one moment, God honored me in the presence of my adversaries. God
worked through my S.S teacher and the district GM and their mouths
were silenced. Never again did I have another issue. God honored His
word.

There's no greater feeling than realizing that indeed God is with you,
watching over you, waiting to honor you.

The important note; is to know when HE has lifted you up.
Search the scripture. Don't be shy to call upon the promises of God.
This ensures your Heavenly Father that when the moment comes for His
intervention, you, and everyone around you knows that He has come to
the aid of His child.

iPhone

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Brake

Take Up Your Cross (Part II)

Go For It